For unit 79 I had to create a Stylized unit interface which will allow my level to be loaded in and the main menu to be navigated. This was the first unit that had an emphasis on theme and aesthetics as opposed to the more technical side, with this we had to include some kind of interaction with the background much like Hearthstone and other games. This allowed me to create a menu which matched the style of my level which helped to tie up a lot of my design, excluding the characters and animations which still stood out. I used this unit to again take a different route and challenge myself by not using widgets to create my menu I instead tried to make the menu 3D in my level this proved for to be a slight challenge since there were no real resources on how to do this so I had to learn it through nothing but experimentation. This helped me develop my techniques a lot but also hindered the speed of which I have created my menu assets this mean that challenging myself was part of the problem which made my menu not have half as much of the functionality to create a better menu, I felt slightly disappointed with my end product of this unit since I couldn’t finish the functionality but in terms of look I thought the menu fit well with my theme and looked nice. I enjoyed this unit as part of the bigger project since it wrapped everything up into a nice package and allowed us to be more creative one looks as opposed to functionality even if I think my functionality was lacking.
No comments:
Post a Comment